Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quest 2009 - Part2

Pride n Prejudice

contd. from Part 1 - I n B were to meet K n T that day for finalizing our roles and the work. T was B's classmate in the first sem.He introduced me to her, but not b4 informing me that she was headweighted n also hinted that she might not do the work (!)...K n T agreed to the plans n we set out 4 work.T agreed to do the entire work 4 me, giving me only the editing part. I was too happy to be relieved of my work. She was to mail the entire script to me by night.
I waited..waited.......... and ...........the clock struck 12 n I cursed the Hell...not bcoz she didn't send the mail, but bcoz B had been right again!
B was jubiliant that his predictions were right.

Next morning - K had finished her part n sent it to mam for editing while B also completed his part.Then - we met T . She apologized profusely for not having done her part n agreed to do it immediately. We three sat down, exchanged ideas and neared the completion of our work. To our surprise, T talked in a manner that did not show any of those symptoms of headweightedness(...that's not the right word...can u guess the right one?...). She also agreed to write down a neat fair draft while I and B chatted.The bonus was that she also agreed to type it and bring it after the lunch... Relieved of work we were happy...

Then, she somehow happened to talk about her seniors and mentioned A's name(I'm sorry A, but then this was a shocker!), my cousin sister whom I always thought to be a studious,talkative and kind person ...but... not in anyway involved in bullying.From T, I learnt that kind she was n did help out her juniors in everything ranging from personal life to projects, but not before she ragged her juniors!.......And that her gang was the most feared in the hostel for bullying and ragging when she was a senior.Thankfully ! T wasn't ragged much by A.

We then exchanged opinions about ourselves that were prevalent among our batch students.Some good samaritan had told T that I n B were studious guys...I was overjoyed to hear such a pleasant (and an utterly false statement) about being made in my peer circle.In turn B told T that she was thought of as a headweighted(thought of the right word?.....) personality (Surprisingly,B's remark did not get any expressions on her face).She agreed with that statement(but expressions exploded out of mine n B's face...Oh!come on! who'll agree that he/she's a headweighted person) and told that she had heard the same comment from others too n that she didnt mind it bcoz that was false n also bcos it gave her a chance to distance herself from others.

Soon after the lunch B received a call from T saying that she got infected with chicken pox n that she had to leave immediately. We had to immediately find a replacement for her and inform it to the staff.But T sent the typed doc file through her friend and also made arrangements for her replacements. ..We felt sorry 4 her...(Since I was a child, I had always felt sorry 4 everything ranging from iCards to iPods to iPhones to iMacs(u r right,they weren't there when I was born...but still!) to iBelts to iSocks n iShoes! n iTies n iCoats, but never had I felt sorry for something called 'prejudice')
(If T's reading this, I guess she would have spotted the pun!)

This was a big lesson for me (n for B too!). I learnt - Never judge anyone b4 u know them well...sometimes,Prejudice has to be shown the door!...If T could be so good n A could have been a bully!(Hey!A - I'm jus kiddin...lol..funny to find that ur 'adakamaanna' elder sis is a bully from a new friend)...a good lesson indeed!

The evening went off quickly with the typing and taking printouts of the Agenda,MC copy, the vote of thanks, the overview,the intros to the chief guest and all others that we had to prepare for the office bearers and then asking for approval from the staff...editing...retyping ...reprinting...an umpteen no. of times. The purchase and stage arrangements had also to be taken care of.Plus some more of MC and writing work remained.After twelve the computing centre closed n I went to KV's room(another good friend of mine)and used his lappie n his English too(he's good at that).Finally I went to bed at 3.30 a.m.

I was woken up by B at 5...I shooed him away n woke up at 6.30...reached the Main Building by 7.45 am.......(To be continued in part 3)

PS: I wish to avoid those annoying braces when I write...but I luv those indispensable braces (),{},[] that tell u something extra!

No comments: